Wednesday 14 December 2011

I’d rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

I went shopping for the festive booze yesterday.
Well actually some of it. I will have to go back and get more prior to New Year to ensure we cater for the odd once a year guest who drinks some obscure spirit, which we will then be left with until about July - when I will eventually end up drinking it just because its the only thing left in the house.
If you spend £97 on wine at any other time of year, I think you automatically get a referral to Alcoholics Anonymous but at this time of year no-body really gives you a second look.
However, I did get slightly embarrassed at the checkout with about 16 bottles of wine, but I kind of played it off by suggesting they were presents for people.
.....well at least two bottles were !
When I go back at the weekend for the beer and spirits, I’ll hopefully get a different check-out lady otherwise it will be a further walk of shame.
Wait a minute......., it all makes sense now. That’s why they invented internet shopping, !
I suppose this applies to other dodgy stuff you wouldn’t want to be seen purchasing a lot of in public. No wonder online sales are on the increase, and the Parcel-Force man always has a smile on his face after delivering to the lady at No 42.

No comments:

Post a Comment