Thursday 1 December 2011

De Ja Vu ?

This morning I washed my hair twice. Not for vanity reasons or some other weird ritual but because I stood there in the shower and couldn’t remember if I had washed it already.
This has happened to me a few times before, and I’m not really sure whether it’s just because I am actually still half asleep in the shower or if this is the early stages of age related forgetfulness.
A couple of times last year I also recall leaving my upstairs office and heading down to the front Admin office, arriving, walking into the room and then completely forgetting why I was there. This is slightly unnerving with four sets of eyes staring at you as you pause, and either quickly head to the stationery cupboard for some un-needed post-its or stand there in the middle of the room and take the ridicule.
One day, I even headed back up to my own office – remembered what I needed to do, and then by the time I got back downstairs I had forgotten again. This was probably due to being further distracted by a colleague I met on the stairs, but you do start to wonder if your marbles are all intact.
The other night, I had a bath in our downstairs bathroom and afterwards went to shave and realised my razor was in the upstairs bathroom. Again, I got distracted on the way and stopped to help my wife with a computer glitch, I went upstairs walked into the bathroom and as if on auto-pilot started brushing my teeth. Half way through I looked at myself in the mirror and realised I was supposed to be shaving.
It must be short term memory loss……..no I couldn’t possibly be old enough for that yet !
So anyway, did I ever tell you about the blueberry smoothie incident?  Well it started one evening in the kitchen, we were...

No comments:

Post a Comment